Yep, I've got it . . . The Bloggers Elbow!

Ok . . . it happened. I know it. How do I know it? I know it, because I have had this aching in my right elbow ALL DAY LONG . . . and while I was certain it was probably just an old tennis injury acting up (wait ... I never played tennis... never mind....).While I was certain it was an old persons type injury, after sitting at my laptop for now the past 15 minutes and casually perusing some wonderful blogs, I realized what it was.

Yes, I have it.

I have The Bloggers Elbow.

Yes, the injury caused from too much time spent on the computer. I add, too much time spent on The Blog. Augh . . .

Rita and Maria . . . don't laugh too loud at me, ok?

I ask Rita (my mother-in-law) not to laugh at me - because I sure was on my soapbox today at work about how my elbow was KILLING me and how I was certain that it was the weather. Good soul that she is, Rita kept telling me, "Oh, yes... it looks like rain..." even though I know for sure that the sun was shining all day long. Yes, I don't think it was the weather, Rita. I figured it out .... it's The Bloggers Elbow.

I ask Maria (my sister-in-law) not to laugh at me - because she is my ailment confidante. And she usually ends up laughing the minute I begin telling her about one new pain or another. But I can't complain . . . I do the same to her. When Maria lived nearby (she is "The New Yorker" now), we often gathered to swap stories about our latest grimaces. And we'd crack ourselves up over how all of them have to begin with the word "The". Yes, between us we've survived "The Wii Injury", "The Spider Bite", "The Heal Spur", "The Carpal Tunnel", "The Head-Butt Nose Injury", "The Falling out of a mini-van while wearing flip flops Injury" (that one wasn't me), "The Sprained Back", "The Boob Cyst" (now that was a serious one), and now, "The Bloggers Elbow." Lucky for us most all of our "The's" are in good fun.

So, yes, I'm pretty certain of it. I guess that's what I get for finding myself secretly and quietly pulled towards the computer each night after 9 pm, after the kids are tucked in and snuggled tight. After the dishes are washed and coffee pot is set up for the morning. Yes, then it's my time . . . . me and my blog.

I wonder if Blogger offers Worker's Compensation. Hmmm . . . perhaps I should inquiry.

That's all for now, dear friends. An ibuprofen is calling my name. I'll be back soon . . . Ooooo . .. good thing PG is out of town - I don't think he is fond of the smell of Bengay!

Oh, and  how about you? Have you ever suffered greatly for the Blog Cause? Perhaps "The Sleepy Bottom" or "The Blog Dry Eyes" got you down? Or maybe it's "The Finger Cramps"? I'd love to know what is aching you today!

 ;)

Comments

  1. Two words: vertical mouse. Get one.

    I still have blogger's elbow but the vertical mouse helps a ton. You can get an off brand one for about $12 here locally.

    good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a nut! I love it - blogger's elbow.. lord have mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Leanne.... remember that tennis elbow that I got a shot for, and then it turned into my carpal tunnel test....yeah...I now realize it was Blogger Elbow. Exact same symptoms, timing. Yeah...you got it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is hilarious! You rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really - I Really believed it was from an old injury - truly -- how can you get an injury by being creative . . . love it!

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bloggers elbow sounds like a real industry hazard! Beets and feta over fresh lettuce or arugula............ yum! Roasted, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I agree..Obsessive blogging can do that to a person. I tend to get the finger cramps my self! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am currently suffering from "sleep till 9 because I stay up till 2 reading blogs" syndrome:)

    {you poor dear. i do hope you get better real soon-*sniff* *sniff*}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had the Wii injury too! I put my back out boxing on Wii fit! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leanne--I hope your elbow gets better soon! I often have Blogger's Brain. That's even worse. Believe me. Perhaps you should hang upside down while blogging. That might help. Yeah. Try that and send a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!! I agree...I have the neck bloggy thing going on and the squinting(cant find glasses):O) Aww Thanx for paying me a visit and for making me laugh with your posts!!:O) Have a great free elbow blog day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got the crampy hands and the neck thing, oh and then there's blogger's ass. You know, the one you get from sitting for far too long. I also have the blogger's addiction. I might just have to do a 12 step for that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! Say it ain't so! Don't give our husbands any other excuse to not approve of the time we spend online!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so funny! I have Blogger wrist! That is so funny about Blogger offering workmans comp! Yeah, after Little Chick goes to bed I am on my laptop also! It does not take long for my hand to hurt! I hope you have a great day! :)

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Leanne,

    Thanks for your lovely + encouraging comment on my blog, your writing is so funny, and so creative!

    I think I have addicted Blogger bottom and must-switch-on-computer syndrome. It's quite bad. I wake up early in the morning and the first thing on my mind is to surf the net, read blogs and update my blog. Instead of wanting 2 brush my teeth.

    I can skip breakfast too at times. So I got myself into a routine where I finished all these and only allowing myself to go on d net later!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You crazy thing! I missed you when I was out in the wild camping, it about killed me to be unpluged for almost a week!!! But Ya know what happens when I get on the computer...my kids run amuck. But I do get on late like you, after everyones in bed.
    I do however suffer from blogger butt...numbness from sitting to long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Leanne I have missed you!!!! ;) This was to funny! I too have suffered from "The" blogger elbow ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!