Looks Like we Made It!

Well, dear friends, THE NEIGHBORS HAVE RETURNED!!! And I have officially returned to the land of NOT taking in their mail, watering their plants, and feeding their fish. Yes, I survived Neighbor Duty and what's even better than that - Dorie the Betafish SURVIVED!! Although, my neighbor took one look at the fish and said, "Oh, it's a bladder infection. . . " (seriously!). I said, "Huh?" and she replied, "Dorie . . . you mentioned she wasn't very active this week and I can tell from looking at her that she has a bladder infection - she had this once before - I'll call the pet store in the morning and they'll give me some antibiotics for her - she'll be better in a few days."

Seriously.

Did you know that betafish can get bladder infections?

Yeah, me neither.

Did you know that the antibiotic is $10? My neighbor will also have to buy some other kind of thing (medicine or something) to put into the fishbowl, which is another $10. And the betafish itself was only $5 when they bought it. That darn bladder infection is expensive! Couldn't I have just poured some cranberry juice in the bowl?  Hmmmmm . . . maybe not.

That might be why our betafish only lived a couple of months when we had one. It's all making sense now . . .

;)

I digress . . . So, things are now returning to the Land of Norm at our home, and I am thrilled. I forgot to mention that in addition to being on neighbor duty this week, we also had some out of town guests here with us all week. My sister-in-law, brother-in-law and godson were visiting from New York as well! (Remember them? You can read about them here and here.) It was so WONDERFUL for them to be with us this week. My godson is getting so big (he is 15 months old now), and had us laughing their whole visit. He absolutely LOVES Katie . . . but he's not quite sure what to make of Ella (and Ella was NOT AT ALL happy to have the attention taken off of her. Ahhhh . . . to be 3!) But we had a great visit with them.

Now that this chaotic week is over . . . there is a calmness in our home . . . peace . . . sigh. That's a good feeling. What about you? Are you feeling calm this weekend? I sure hope so!

That's all I've got - just a quick little update for now. But I must tell you - I've got some wonderful stories coming up this week that I will be sharing with you. Some topics I'm pondering include: 
  • Broadway Rhythm . . . it's got ME! 
  • A Man and his Hoover
  • Pool Mania
  • A Letter . . . 
  • A Story about some special Blogfriends (psst . . . it could be about YOU!!!)
and, I am sure, other yet-to-be-determined adventures I might have. So, until my next update - I wish you a wonderful Sunday and a happy weekend! Be back on Monday!!!

Comments

  1. Wow, I wish MY last bladder infection had only cost $10! I like your idea of just pouring the cranberry juice in the fishbowl....and all for a $5 fish??

    Glad you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bladder infected Beta, Now that's a fish story! HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you're living next door to the Fish Whisperer!
    Great post. :) I'm on neighbor pet duty the first week of August. I'll keep my fingers crossed for no bladder infections, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bladdar infection on a beta fish??? I would opt for the cranberry juice - and it would add a little something to the decor of the bowl, dontcha think? ;-)

    I am excited about your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with everyone else... you should used the cranberry juice. If you only knew!!! It'd be like a 70's flashback for Mr. Beta. Y'know, like looking thru rose-colored glasses!!
    Glad you had some good times with the NY crowd! But it's always so nice to get your home back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW: When I looked at the title of this post, I heard Barry Manilow in my head!! I know... sad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA!!! That's to funny about the fish!!! Looking forward to the future blog posts! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you are recovering from our trip! I know that we had super fun! Thanks again for everything!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!