31 Days: Day 5 - All of the Above!

My Creative Focus for today: Write. Create. Be.

Happy Friday, friends! And thank you so much to all of you who supported my post at Laugh Out Loud yesterday! Seriously, that was one of the most thrilling things for me - I'm a blog dork, I'm sorry! And having something I have written appear on someone else's blog was just - awesome.

Now, on to my next adventure.

The Scrapbook Cellar!!!

Did I ever tell you about the Scrapbook Cellar? You might believe, with all my previous mentioning of it, that it is a store where I probably go to scrapbook. Well, that is only partially right. It is a place where I go to scrapbook ... but it's not a store. It's actually my sister, Laura's, basement. Yes, affectionately called, "The Scrapbook Cellar". And there I gather once a month (when possible) with three of my closest friends - my sister, my friend Peggy, and my friend Cindi.  It is the best time a girl like me could have. Seriously.

Now, if you don't scrapbook - don't rule me and the Cellar out. Because believe it or not, our time there is not all scrapbooking. They are my very own Steel Magnolias of ladies who I am so glad to have in my life. We are each others biggest fans. We motivate. We encourage. We listen. We laugh (oh, boy, do we laugh). We cry. We nibble on some goodies. We sing (ok, Cindi and I sing). We ooo and ahhh over each others work. We strategize. We contemplate. We inspire. We believe. We . . . Write. Create. Be.

So, I can't think of a better place to spend tonight, than in the Scrapbook Cellar. (Oh, and we have our very own "Scrap Bitch" ... sorry, CT!!! CT is my sister's husband, my dearest brother-in-law. And I affectionately gave him the title of Scrap Bitch a few months ago. The dear man lugs our bags down to the cellar for us, he does our meal runs, and he gladly cleans up all the mess we make when we are done. Is he a saint, or what?? Every cellar needs a Scarp Bitch - and he's the best!)

Because PG is out of town, I wasn't that sure if I would be able to meet my dearest friends for a night in the cellar. But . . . because PG is out of town, I realized it was a NECESSITY to somehow find a way to get there. And let me tell you, I need this night more than anything after this week. I'm still fighting that cold, but the Cellar is where I will be tonight - for Day 5 of my creative challenge. I can't wait.

My plans for tonight? Well, earlier this week, Leslie at Words of Me Project threw a challenge out there on day 2: to pick out 3 words you love and create some sort of "Word Art" piece to go with them. I have my words and today my vision for this piece just hit me. So, I'll be working on my 3 words art tonight! I'll post a photo of it tomorrow and try and sneak a couple pictures of the Cellar Ladies to share.

Do you have your own group of Steel Magnolias who help you through life? How often do you get to see them? What types of things do you and your friends do to motivate and inspire each other? I'd love to know, so please share in the comments.... and don't forget to Write. Create. and most importantly ... BE.

Comments

  1. Oh, what great post about the Scrapbook Cellar!!!! We need to have CT take a photo of us tonight -- and the creative projects we'll be working on! I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the cellar! You are right to take care of those creative/social needs. You'll be better in all other roles of your life if you do! Your word project sounds great. Can't wait to see the final project!

    Thanks for your wonderful comment today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, what fun! You know I am there in Spirit. What a FUN and relaxing night:) You all deserve it.

    Enjoy working on your piece. I seriously can't wait to see it!!

    Have a FABULOUS weekend and I sure hope that nasty old cold leaves you alone SOON.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me want to start scrapbooking again. After I started quilting, the scrapbooking went to the wayside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see you - my work day can't end fast enough! Time with you girls is very good. The best of all things good. Abundantly good. My moments last night of not feeling inspired have been re-charged with this post! Thanks, love and see you later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popped in from Lady Bloggers! Kudos to you for taking care of your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing as I live in the South and could really form a proper Steel Magnolias group, I should probably get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to have my own group of Steel Magnolias. I moved 600 miles away from all my girlfriends last fall and it's been hard to replace them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!