Broadway Rhythm . . . It's Got Me!!

Here's a little bonus post for today . . . . because I just couldn't hold it in anymore. . . . you see . . .

Shhhhhhhh . . . . I have a secret that I am about to share with you . . . .  are you ready?

Brace yourself . . . it's a doozie . . .

I bet you had no idea that I, Leanne of "From Chaos Comes Happiness", have a secret.

Well, I have.

But, SECRET NO MORE . . .

I am a closet Broadway Star!
I KNOW!!!!
It's SO exciting, isn't it?

My dear sister-in-law (who was visiting from New York last week) picked up a new Wii game for us to play, and since this game has entered our house - it's all that I want to do!!! This game, Wii's Dance on Broadway is FANTASTIC!!!! Finally, an awesome Wii game to inspire me to move my body and get some exercise by SINGING and DANCING!! YIPPIEEEE!!!! This game is SO FUN . . . 20 of my all-time favorite broadways tunes, like “Fame”, “All That Jazz”, “Caberet”, “Aquarius” and “Dreamgirls” are included. Add the orchestra and choreographed dance moves, and I'm all ready for to join in and *** insert JAZZ HANDS here *** perform!!!  cooooool!

Back in the day (what? I sound like I'm 80!) I was a thespian . . . and in lots of theater productions in high school, college and after. But when the role of MOM was granted to me, I hung up my wigs and character shoes once and for all, and haven't been in a production since. The memories of those fantastic experiences have surfaced (with the help of this game), though. Can you believe it? It’s as if a STAR was born in our home last week. Actually . . . 4 STARS were born (Katie, Ella, me, and even PG!) We have been having SO MUCH FUN with this silly Wii game. The girls were born to sing and dance (they take after their Mommy and Daddy for sure!). You should see them! And PG, let me tell you . . . he is a closet Mr. Shuh (Glee reference for all those Gleeks out there!) for sure! 


Do I have the bug? Do I want to be on stage again? Surprisingly, No. Well, not yet, anyway. I’m sure at some point I will dream of being in a play again. But for now, I am really satisfied with just singing and dancing at home. I have such fond memories of my time in theater and I often dreamt of someday moving to New York and giving a go at a “real life” on stage. But you know what . . . I never took that chance. I would have had to sacrifice so much to go after a life in the theater. For me, it wasn’t the right thing to do. Do I regret it? Nope. Not one bit. Because (as I have said so many times before), if I would have done one thing differently, my life would not be as it is today. And today . . . I’m pretty happy singing and dancing (like a 'dork') in my family room. It’s a pretty great place to be.

If the image of me dancing to showtunes doesn't qualify for dork status . . . then surely the following photos will . . .  you see, I wanted to get the perfect photo to announce my new "Closet Broadway Star" status. So, I took . . . sigh . . . 11 photos. Yep. I did. Here are some of the extra's that didn't make the top:
Ah, well.

Once a Thespian . . . ALWAYS a Thespian!!!

; )

p.s. Do me a favor, will you? DON'T CLICK on any of the photos of my face . . . or consider this a warning! My face will be HUGE on your screen, as I must not have re-sized them to a more flattering proportion before transfering them into this post. It's late now, so they are what they are. For your own good . . . DON'T CLICK!!! (I know you really want to now, right? But . . . . FIGHT THE URGE!!! FIGHT IT! Don't do it!!!)

Comments

  1. OMG. I used to be a thespian too :) No wonder I like you! I must.get.this.wii.game.

    like, tomorrow. I'm stashing some of my budget for this week so I can get it.

    now, where's the vlog of you doing
    "One" from A Chorus Line? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just hilarious!! I was expecting some crazy secret...the mystery! The intrigue! I definitely see that coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny, it was super fun playing this game with you last week. It has made me want to move up the Wii to the living room so that we can continue to watch Carlo have fun watching everyone else dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...if you lived with-in an hour of me...I'd be at your house right now! I got the game "just dance" and love it! We play it so much I find myself doing the moves if I hear a song on the radio! Now I just have to get the new one too!
    Shake it girl friend!!
    Thanks for your comment today! Made me rofl!
    (btw, did my card make it to your house?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and btw...you have the best smile. That sounds silly, but ya do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too funny!! It's like 1am here and I am trying not to wake anyone up from my giggling! :)
    My son got me hooked on playing Mario games on his Nintendo DS when I was recovering from leg surgery in March. I was awesome at it (not really, but we can pretend, right?)

    BTW, you look great in your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a crack up! What fun though singing and dancing, moving and a groovin!

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah HA! I knew we were kindred spirits. I, too, was a theater kid!! (Hence the obesession with dancing etc...)

    How cool and fun is that - this wii game??? EXCELLENT. I want to come play!!!! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, Leanne. My fave show in HS was FAME! Remember every Thursday night was FAME night? I own the LP to both movie and the TV show!! My dream was to go to NYC to the HS for the performing Arts.

    I love all those Broadway showtunes...I might really love this game!! We don't have a Wii yet though...this maybe a reason to pick one up:)

    Now that your secret is out I promise not to think of you any differently...

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG. I'm coming over right now! Or not. This is too good, like they made it just for you...and maybe, me. And the other people, but no, not them, just you. And me. Never mind. Also, I did NOT click on your face, though it was hard not to...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this just made me smile! I can just imagine you and your family having a blast. I don't have a Wii yet but if we ever get one this would be perfect (and the only way I could get myself to move around!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!