31 Days: Day 2 - Doodling

My Creative Focus for today: Doodling

What to do with three young children, and the need to create? You break out the Crayola, of course! Nothing on the box says its for kids only, so I did what any "I Must Create" Mom would do ... and joined right in.

I'm in a bit of trouble, though. School Supplies are on sale EVERYWHERE. I've already made a few purchases for the new school year. That's not where the trouble lands, though. It has to do with MY need to break open the new markers, crayons and glue sticks, and make some art. Yes, that's what tonights creative adventure was.


There is something so mesmerizing about art supplies to me, even if they are Crayola. The colors, the textures, what they produce when used. The possibilities really are endless. I sat at the kitchen table absolutely lost in what I was doing. 


I found myself using blues and whites, adding pinks and yellows, working freely and openly with my small little brush, like I was Rembrandt himself. The paintbrush flew around the page so easily. It was wonderful.


Before long, I felt like the clouds were calling me . . . so I continued adding morepaint. I was having fun. Imagine that!

But what to do with it from here? I had just the thing, inspired by Leslie yesterday. Turns out while school supply shopping, I picked up some composition notebooks.  That's the perfect thing for this paper . . .


I think it will work! I can't wait to start adding  my creative thoughts, my doodles, and my stories of this adventure.

Are you a doodler? Are you a hand-writer? I remember (in my younger days) that I would almost loose my hand writing skills during summer vacation, from the lack of hand-writing done during those months off. There are even moments now, as an adult, when I feel I've forgotten what my handwriting looks like. We live in such a computerized age (from emailing to bill paying, sometimes a whole day can go by when I haven't even touched a pen.) This exercise of creative doodling was fun . . . and I plan to do a lot more of it!

If you think you're the doodling type - Target has those composition notebooks on sale right now - 2/$1.00 - thats a DEAL!!!

Comments

  1. Nothing better then a new box of cayola! I like to go back to school shopping, its so much fun seeing all the new stuff.
    I am a doodler, lots of arts and crafts growning up. Have not been doing much latly, sad really.
    What a great notebook, you are amazing in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your notebook!!! It is the best and the coolest...love how you made your own paper!!:)

    Also...I have trouble with school supplies, too. I am addicted-LOL.

    So happy to see you having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the joy of school supplies! It was one of my favorite shopping times when the boys were little.

    You're doing a great job and I love your notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your notebook and how cool that you and the girls can all share in your new creative adventure. Oh I love school supplies. I'm always stealing my son's twist-up crayons! They are THE coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanne, love the paper you created! I, too, love school supply shopping. That's my secret joy when grandson goes back to school. I do the supply shopping for him! And what's not to love about a new box of crayons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always loved shopping for school supplies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love it! And the photogography is amazing, too :)

    --Lady Fromage
    http://ladyfromage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah!!! I love to doodle--especially during long, boring meetings!!!

    Love that sky picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly, I'm really not at all artistic or creative like that. And I'm always impressed with others' natural skills.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anything creative is great! I love art supplies. Fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fresh box of never-used crayons is like a beach with no footprints. One of life's little moments to savor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!